Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Hoot

Hoot is a book about a boy called Roy, who makes unlikely friends in a new town, Coconut cove. As soon as he steps foot in the bus he is bullied by a boy named Dana Matherson. He sees a strange boy running down the street and wants to find out more about him. He eventually does through a girl named Beatrice, who is the running boys stepsister. Together they persevere to stop construction at Mother Paula's pancake house where the homes of the burrowing owls are living. 
My favourite character was Beatrice, even though she was a bit of a bully at the start I like it how she stood up for her step brother and choose to trust Roy even though she didn't know him all that well. Also because she stuck by Roy's side to help save the owls.
My least favourite character was Dana Matherson, He was just so absuvive to Roy and a big, fat bully. If I was Roy I would not be able to stand him!
My favourite part of the book was when Roy followed the running boy into the forest and showed him the cotton mouth moccasins.
I think the message in the book was bullying, since there was a lot of it in the book. Also another message was standing up for others and for what you believe in.
The rating I would give it is probably 5 out of 10. 
I'm looking forward to seeing the size of the cotton mouth Moccasins in the movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment